Sacred Mountain Build on the Pine Ridge Lakota Reservation
Texas Natural Builders will be building a timber framed cordwood home called The Sacred Mountain, designed by Kelly Hart on the Pine Ridge Lakota Reservation in South Dakota.
This is a great opportunity to showcase several different natural building methods in one incredible home.
The Materials will be:
- Straw Bale
- Timber Frame
- Wattle and Daub
- Stone Work
We will also be building some smaller out building such as a summer kitchen and so on, this is kn the beautiful Wounded Knee district of Pine Ridge, very close the the Wounded Knee Memorial and the incredible Limestone hills!!
- Each volunteer must sign a waiver of responsibility, meaning while in Pine Ridge and on the worksite you are responsible for yourself.
- Camping equipment or camper (blankets, air mattress/padding)
- Clothes for the duration both work clothes and leisure clothes (June temps vary but shorts and cooler clothing will be needed)
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste etc.)
- Work boots or shoes you don't mind getting dirty
- Work gloves
Food will be provided but if you have health requirements or desire simple comfort foods then please make arraingments to bring those items with you, there is a grocer on the rez if you wish to purchase food items there.
- Weapons, Guns Etc.
MORE INFO TO COME